Removing Points From Licence
If you have expired endorsements on your licence and would like to remove them, you have to exchange your licence for a new one.
You can apply for a new licence by post. If you happen to have a paper driving licence, you can also use the premium checking service.
Photocard driving licence holder
You will be required to;
- complete an ‘application for a driving licence’ called a D1, which is available from the DVLA (Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency) form ordering service or all Post Office® branches
- you must send back your photocard driving licence,= and the paper counterpart as well as the appropriate £20.00 fee
- if you have changed your name you will also need to include all the original documentation that you have which confirms your new name.
- post all these documents to DVLA, Swansea, SA99 1BU
Renew your Driving licence Photo
Your driving licence photo can be renewed at any time, however, if the expiry date it in the near future, it will need to be renewed before it expires. The date that your driving licence photo expires is shown on your driving licence in section 4b.
It is not possible to renew your driving licence photo online.
Paper driving licence holder
If you still have a paper driving licence, you will need to;
- complete an ‘application for a driving licence’ Form D1 available from the DVLA (Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency) form ordering service or from any Post Office®
- provide original identity documentation
- include a passport type photograph, as well as your original paper driving licence and a fee of £20.00
- then, send all these documents to DVLA, Swansea SA99 1BU or opt to use the premium checking service which is available at some selected Post Office® branches as well as at DVLA local offices