Failing To Name The Driver – Hire Car


This incident was committed in a hire car for which I paid the hire company the fine? I have just received a disqualification period notice today for six months, all done in my absence.

Am I liable for prosecution if the car is a hire car, through a national company?

Dominic Says:

You need to make an application to the Court for a statutory declaration and get the case reopened. You will the be able to defend this mater if its the first you have known about it.

I anticipate the hire car company gave the police the wrong address. You will then have a defence based on s.172 (7)(b) RTA 1988.

What Our Clients Say About Us...

Read all our Testimonials here