Getting Rid Of Penalty Points


I have 12 penalty points on my licence for two separate offences (both IN10). They have been on my licence for 2 years. I wish to apply for the armed forces, however my penalty points are preventing this. Is there any way I can appeal to have them removed early?


I’m afraid not. The only way that you can get rid of penalty points (other than appealing the conviction/sentence at the time) is by way of the passage of time.

If they have been on your driving licence for two years you are not going to be able to appeal against the conviction or sentence I’m afraid.


About Emma Patterson

Emma has built Patterson Law into one of the leading specialist motoring law legal practices in the UK. By carefully assembling a team of exceptional road traffic law experts Patterson Law has been able to out perform their competitors with high success rates in court.
Bookmark the permalink.