Beware of Mate Advice!



Hi, I got caught by a mobile speed camera doing 68 mph in a 60 mph limit, a mate of mine says you are allowed 10% speedo discrepancy + 2mph. Can you tell me if this is correct and if so how do I go about challenging it. Thanks very much, Regards

Louise Says:

Sorry x but your friend’s advice is wrong.

The police can charge you with driving at 1mph over the limit if they feel able to convince the court that they are right and you are wrong – beyond reasonable doubt.

The only way to challenge a speeding matter is to contest the speed alleged and cast a doubt on the police evidence. If you accept that you were speeding at the time then you will struggle to do this.

Have you got any points already? If so, how many?

What Our Clients Say About Us...

Read all our Testimonials here