2 New Speeding Offences


I am assuming that it is not possible to get legal aid for such offences.

I already have 6 points on my licence and I do not want to be disqualified (totting up), I do not have any children to argue exceptional hardship but I do have a Son (now aged 34) who depends on me financially (as he lives in Thailand) and is on an extremely low income therefore I need to work to help him.

At the moment I am unemployed but was hoping to return to work. Without my licence I cannot do this. I am desperate to avoid 12pts on the totting up system. I have never been disqualified before.

As I am not working would legal aid be a possibility?

Graham Says:

You are right that you are facing a totting ban for a minimum of 6 months.

I’m afraid that you cannot get legal aid for speeding matters because you will not be at risk of imprisonment.

I can help you with these matters and at the time of writing I have a 92% success rate in helping my clients avoid totting bans. You have the start of a good argument but we would need to go into far more detail to persuade the court not to ban you.

What Our Clients Say About Us...

Read all our Testimonials here