3 Penalty Points – I Want To Appeal



I have recently had my driving licence revoked following a court conviction of 3 points.

But I would like to appeal against the conviction, as the police officer who originally gave me the fixed penalty notice is currently being investigated following a complaint I made. How do I go about lodging an appeal to the courts?

Many thanks

Rob Says:

What’s was the offence that lead to the 3 points and when were you convicted? If you accepted a fixed penalty then you cannot appeal the sentence I’m afraid.

If you got convicted at court after a trial then you have to appeal the conviction within 14 days of the alleged offence.

If you went to court and then pleaded guilty you will struggle to appeal the conviction unless you can show that your plea was equivocal or you were misadvised on the evidence.

What Our Clients Say About Us...

Read all our Testimonials here