A Defective Ticket Is Not A Defence!


Failing to comply with the direction indicated by a green arrow traffic signal

The offence code is 025a which is incorrect is there anyway I can challenge that on the basis of technicality (wrong information and therefore defective ticket)?

Rob Says:

You can reject the ticket and take the matter to court but the court will only be interested in whether or not you committed the offence that you have been accused of. The fixed penalty ticket is not evidence. If you get summons to court there will be statesmen from the officer in the case and they will attend.

You will have to convince the court that you did not commit the offence and the court will find you guilty unless you can cast a doubt. You will get higher fines and court costs if you lose.

What Our Clients Say About Us...

Read all our Testimonials here