Driver Moved Abroad


Hi Rob,

We have just received a notice of intended prosecution for my son (x) for the above offence. We opened his mail as he has moved abroad to x. There is no Phone number to ring to get advice on what to do. It states it intends to take proceedings against him but does not offer a fine to pay.

We cannot fill the form in on his behalf and cannot get any advice, can you please help with some advice on this?

Rob Says:

You should write to the police and tell them his current address abroad. Send your letter by recorded delivery and keep a copy.

They have simply sent out the NIP to the last known address of the registered keeper which means that they have complied with s.1 RTOA 1988.

They will then write to him at his new address and if he accepts being the driver he will get a summons to court. The speed is high and will put him at slight risk of a discretionary ban.

Has he got any penalty points already? If so, how many? The speed will be too high for a fixed penalty I’m afraid.

What Our Clients Say About Us...

Read all our Testimonials here