Reducing A Drink Drive Ban


Hi there, I have been done for drink driving, Failing to stop, no MOT and no Valid insurance I got banned for 20 months lowered to 15 due to drink driving course I took, I have currently served 7 months of my ban.

Is there anyway I can appeal to get my licence back any earlier due to my grandparent being disabled and having to get to and from hospital 3 times a week and no other family members able to give him a lift.

Any info would be great, many thanks

Dominic Says:

I’m afraid not. You can only apply for the drink drive ban to be lifted early if the ban was for more than two years. Any less that a two year ban and there is no power to lower it other than to appeal the sentence imposed within 21 days of the court hearing.