Been In UK For More Than 12 Months

International Licence


Hi, I was caught speeding in a 30mph dual carriageway. I didn’t have my licence at the time and received a fixed penalty notice. I was asked to surrender my licence to police station within 7 days. I did same night of the offence, I had my international permit, international licence and provisional which I have had for a few years.

The officer at the station took the provisional, confirmed I wasn’t being supervised and explained that I am being cautioned for that.

He filled the form in said he will send it off, pay the fine, nothing may or may not come of the licence bit but I need to sort it out. I’m worried that they may overturn the fixed penalty notice and I may be summoned to court.

Paula Says:

You can only drive on an international licence for 12 months after becoming resident in the UK.

After that you have to pass a UK test. If you get a provisional licence and you have been in the UK for more than 12 months you have to have supervision and L plates.

I think you are going to get a summons to court for driving not in accordance with a licence. I can help you with that matter if you do get a summons. They may summons you for both that and the speeder at the same time.

If you get a summons come back to me. We should be able to avoid any more points on the licence matter.

What Our Clients Say About Us...

Read all our Testimonials here