Careful Not To Speed


I was caught speeding last year, and have been extra careful about speed. I have now received a notice for sp30, saying I was doing 36mph in a 30 zone. Is there anything I can do?

Louise Says:

There is nothing that you can do if you accept the speed alleged. If you deny the speed then you should reject the ticket and ask for a court hearing – you still need to name yourself as the driver.

If you deny the speed alleged then you need to ask for a court hearing and try and cast a doubt on the prosecution evidence – but this will not be easy!

Because the speed is low they may offer you the speed awareness course as an alternative to prosecution. If they do then you should seriously consider taking it.

If you deny the speed and want to challenge it at court come back to me if I can help further.

What Our Clients Say About Us...

Read all our Testimonials here