I Don’t Know What Happened With The Court Proceedings


I committed an offence of speeding and driving without insurance. I was supposed to present my documents at the police station, which I was unable to do due to health issues. They then sent me summons to my address as I was unable to respond immediately.

However during this time I moved houses and my post was returned so I have been unable to trace any details of my summons and I am unaware of any dates, how can I trace these summons? As I am unable to track them via royal mail. Also how can I overcome this offence with minimum penalty?

Paula Says:

You need to take action quickly otherwise there maybe a warrant out for your arrest if the magistrates have convicted you in your absence.

You need to contact the magistrates court that closest to the area where the alleged offence happened and ask them if they have any record of proceedings in relation to you.

They will be able to tell you if there is a warrant outstanding. If they can’t you are going to have to contact the police in order to sort this out once and for all.

You are at risk of 6-8 points or a ban and hefty court fines.


What Our Clients Say About Us...

Read all our Testimonials here