Learning To Drive


Hi, I’m a Provisional licence holder and was learning with my husband who is a full UK licence holder since 1990. He has comprehensive insurance under his name (though I’m not a named driver on his car/insurance).

Please can you confirm the legal requirements that I need to be able to practice driving with my husband. Also, do I need to be named on his insurance even if he comprehensive insurance.

Thanking you in advance.

Paula Says:

You have to be insured in your own right. His insurance is irrelevant. You can either be an insured driver on his policy or have your own policy. You must also have L plates and a provisional licence. The car must have an MOT and road tax.

Unless you have all the above you cannot practice driving, not even in a supermarket car park late at night!

What Our Clients Say About Us...

Read all our Testimonials here